A new version of dot big bang came out today. Version 0.9.8 brings a variety of fixes, updates, and upgrades, including a brand new library of 5000 sounds for use in your games. Both the Game Editor and the Voxel Object Editor color picker also got some TLC in this version, with a raft of quality of life improvements being introduced.
Here’s the full list:
- Added a huge library of sound effects and music!
Voxel Object Editor
- Color Picker
- Fix issue where hex code did not exactly match selected/stored color.
- Add color palette presets.
- Add a color palette for the current Voxel Object.
- Allow users to toggle color picker sections.
- Allow users to name their saved color sets.
- Make color picker a dropdown which will scroll with the page.
- Collapse unused rows in color palettes.
- Remove confusing white highlight of active color column.
- Fix issue with color palettes not updating when inside the Entity panel.
- Removed some fonts and replaced them with new versions.
- F9 Stats Panel update.
- Adds a real-time graph to the stats panel.
- Adds pop-out to the stats panel via Picture-in-Picture.
- Makes all stats graph-able.
- Improves performance of the stats system.
- Improves performance of the stats panel.
- Dynamic entities (entities with scripts on them) no longer cast shadows into the static shadow map.
- Fixed crash in ‘Peer.ownsEntity()’ method.
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘?’ or ‘!’ modifiers on a UserScript property caused the game restart incorrectly.
We hope you like the changes! To stay up to date with future updates, or to request refinements & additional features, join the dbb Discord, and check out the #changelogs and #feature-requests channels. You can also follow our social media, YouTube and Twitch.