We’re happy to announce the release of dot big bang v0.9.2! This substantial update includes some new Game & Voxel Editor functionality that’s been making our Community Engineer team very happy.
Highlights include some new Game Editor features, such as copying properties – particle systems, for example – from one component to another. You can also now search an entity’s components, allowing you to quickly locate specific scripts on an entity. Voxel artists will be happy to see a new color picker in the Voxel Editor that includes saved colors, complementary color suggestions, and the ability to import the palette from a voxel object.
Here’s a full rundown of what’s in the update. We hope you find it useful, and stay tuned for more in the coming weeks and months!
- Return to basic views when leaving advanced mode.
- Remove F5 shortcut to toggle fullscreen due to Windows Chrome conflict.
- Retain open/closed state of most accordions between page reloads.
- Retain state of Entity panel accordions when changing Entity selection.
- Show date and time for creation and modifications on all Resources.
- Added the ability to toggle visibility of SkeletalObjects, VoxelObjects, and Particles.
- Added a “Uniform Values” option to Vector3 properties.
- Allow searching of Components by type or name (for component types with named Resources, like Voxel Objects and Scripts).
- Redesigned Component New|Open|Filter bar and integrated new search functionality.
- Added tooltips to Component Edit|Disable|Remove slide-out drawer.
- Made the Entity Panel more compact in general.
- Fixed opacity of menus in Script editor.
- Force Entity Panel and Workbench to fully expand when browsing Resources.
- Added Copy|Paste for Components.
- Copied properties can be pasted into an existing component, or a new one.
- Improved color picker:
- Added the ability to save user color palettes.
- Suggests complimentary colors.
- Import all colors from a voxel object.
- Updated the customizer and other parts of the site to account for larger avatars.
- Added a new hat, glasses, and a bow for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Hide share and comment buttons on mobile after a delay.
- Chase Heroes saw numerous bug fixes & the timer is more lenient now.
- Straits of Danger is in working order again.
- The new February Weekly Art Challenge Showcase.
- dbb_aiming_reticule: Fixed disableReticule recursing infinitely.
- dbb_polar_camera: Fixed invisible respawn bug.
- Added “Ignore Fog” property (ignoreFog in Scripts) to Voxel Object, Skeletal Object, Particles, and Text Components.
- Entities are culled based on their maximum bounding box.
- Backgrounding a game’s tab now correctly mutes all audio.
- Fixed stray sounds persisting when teleporting between games.
- Fixed loud blast of accumulated sounds when starting audio mid-game.
You can stay up to date with what’s new on dot big bang via our Discord and social media.